Cat Tails Downtime Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Implementing neuter/spaying options supported by real life cat organizations such as CFA

2 posters

Go down

Implementing neuter/spaying options supported by real life cat organizations such as CFA Empty Implementing neuter/spaying options supported by real life cat organizations such as CFA

Post  royalbloodsiberians Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:19 pm

There was a whole post on this on the original site. I was wondering if implementing neuter/spaying options could be brought up onto the site to make it more realistic. For example, it can be one's option to either neuter/spay a cat when selling a kitten or an older cat. In real life, most cat showers/breeders sell their show potential kittens/cats as neutered/spayed because they don't want their lines to get spread and mixed up. I know for a fact that neutered/spayed cats are supported/showed on real cat shows such as CFA which supports neuter/spaying programs. Proof can be seen here http://www.cfa.org/articles/legislative/promote-neuter-spay.pdf

royalbloodsiberians

Back to top Go down

Implementing neuter/spaying options supported by real life cat organizations such as CFA Empty Re: Implementing neuter/spaying options supported by real life cat organizations such as CFA

Post  Aislynn Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:00 pm

While I'm all for more realism, I think this might goa bit too far. I know they have the Premier class in CFA for those who are neutered/spayed and that mixes must be neutered/spayed after a certain age to compete in the Household Pet category.
However, this doesn't make as much sense on a virtual online game. People want to be able to breed cats in order to get some reward for their hard work. They want kittens out of the cats they levelled well. Neutered/spayed cats on the game would just sit around. Undoubtedly there'd be people adopting cats from the Cat Rescue just to spay/neuter them and try to find them "homes". Wherein they'd sit there since no one would want a cat they couldn't breed. It's a good idea, but just not something I'm going to consider adding. Smile I've seen it used on Furry Paws and it makes no sense there either - I remember seeing neutered/spayed dogs for sale and wondering why anyone'd do that on FP.

Aislynn

http://www.cat-tails.org

Back to top Go down