Cat Tails Downtime Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creating new breeds

3 posters

Go down

Creating new breeds Empty Creating new breeds

Post  Acha Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:17 am

Could be fun if there was possible to create new breeds in the game. Or atleast to put some "pet quality" genes into some/all breeds, especially those bought from the store. Like longhaired "British Shorthairs". And then breeding would be needed to remove those genes from offspring from the "affected" cats. Would make the game, more like a game :p

Acha

Back to top Go down

Creating new breeds Empty Re: Creating new breeds

Post  Eltafez Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:22 pm

Since CT is a cat showing game, its cats are based on RL registered cat breeds. To satisfy people who'd want pet-quality/cross-bred cats, Ais had implemented the 'Domestic Mix' as a separate breed with its own standards. The point of the game is to raise top-quality (a.k.a high-levelled) cats, not to have as many pets as you can.

With that said, a 'longhaired' British Shorthair goes by the name of a British Longhair. It's recognised as a champion breed within the WCF and TICA, but not (yet) within the other associations.
Eltafez
Eltafez

Back to top Go down

Post  Silkesmyra Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:44 pm

Every year new catbreeds are created IRL, Bengal, Sokoke etc. They must come from somewere, aight? :3

Silkesmyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Aislynn Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Alas, I don't plan on allowing people to create their own breeds. Only real breeds from IRL will be added to Cat Tails.
Adding the ability to cross domestic mixes with the purebreds would completely shift the focus of the game from showing to breeding. I do love genetics, though I don't think I'd ever consider adding this. This was/is the focus of another game - Pure Felinity - which focused on breeding mixes to get certain traits to get purebreds. It resulted in a huge amount of mixes with useless traits that just sat there as they were unshowable. And I seem to remember once people had gotten the first purebred of X breed, there was a loss of interest for some users.
However, I may consider adding in a few different genes, such as the ones for rexing or hairlessness to maybe give some added flavor to mixes.

Aislynn

http://www.cat-tails.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum