Cat Tails Downtime Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Your Input - Shows!

+4
Endless
Eltafez
Draf
Aislynn
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Need Your Input - Shows! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need Your Input - Shows!

Post  Spyder Tue May 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Different name, I was on forms a decent amount of times. I don't remember my number.

Toc - I fell the same.

Spyder

Back to top Go down

Post  Aislynn Tue May 17, 2011 9:50 pm

Okay. This is belated as I've been traveling and without internet for a couple days - my how this post has grown!

Anyhow. I know I've been mostly inactive on and off since I got out of the hospital - it was difficult to adjust to coding with a screen reader and so tedious to slog through my old code that simple adjustments seemed to take forever. This is a major reason for the remodel - easier for me to update in the future.

Just had a brainwave to reduce clicking and why it takes so long. I'll make it so when you click on the "Enter Show" link it'll open a new tab/small window. This'll keep the list of shows open in the other window for clicking, etc. At the moment the enter show link just redirects to the same page. This plus being able to purchase a Checkbox tool (without the Check All button) may help things out.

And yeah - the sim I was talking about with the cats getting angry with eachother if they weren't in the right mood was Pure Felinity. Plus after I bred the first Singapuras I felt less of a draw to play. Heh.

I'm working on devising a plan to make kittens and litters more of a part of things. Not sure if there'll be special "kitten food" - possible. But I'd need to get some artwork of it. In the meantime I'll at least work litters in and then debate on what works best.

And while I don't think the layout is "childish", I think it could use a revamp. I may do a post requesting people to submit possible new layouts for review. Obviously I won't be able to review these myself (I can't see them) but I'd get some impartial judges to help me. The only thing I'd really like is to keep it as a sidebar layout with a banner across the top.

Unsure what I want with the map. I know it needs a new image, though not sure to do the whole cliche actual "map" thing where it looks like some grassy land, etc. Might want to try to find some way to stick to the showing theme - no idea.

And I do find it a bit sad that you think CT is so unrealistic - I've done my best to put as much realism as I can in without affecting the gameplay. Cats on CT are extremely realistic - what you're saying isn't realistic is the lack of interactions with the cats.

I had a few new cat interaction things on the backburner and have been pondering how best to put them in. Though I still find some things to be a drag on the gameplay - vaccinations, etc.

As far as genetic disorders go - that's a big decision and I'd have to poll the playerbase before considering it. I know I'd have a lot of fun being geeky and geneticy and adding a feature like that in, though I have to ask myself if it'd fit in or not.

At the moment genetics on CT don't have baring on the shows - they're sort of a side feature for coat color and eye color, etc. Only personalities can affect showing and those can only be a plus not a detriment as I didn't add any "bad" traits in.

I'd have to ask the playerbase - would they like more of a challenge in breeding with genetic disorders, bad personality traits and the like to watch out for?

Also - would you like an option to have a choice of cats from the pet shop instead of a random selection? This would likely be done with a CTC rather than actual money.

Aislynn

http://www.cat-tails.org

Back to top Go down

Need Your Input - Shows! - Page 2 Empty Showing Cats

Post  Manda <3 Wed May 18, 2011 3:41 am

Spyder -

I have been a CT member for 5 years and never once thought showing cats was boring or time consuming. When I first joined I got premium as soon as I could and by that time I had well over 30 cats. I entered them ALL every single day in 60 shows each, clicking one at a time and it took me less than an hour. Ask around, because I did this I had some of the best Egyptian May's on the site easily getting into the 40 and sometimes 50's in level.

I think this game is very realistic actually for the fact that it takes time and dedication to have a winning cat in the Sim as well as in real life. I also notice I grow very fond of my cats and get really sad when I retire them, but only if I show them to their highest potential...I think some of my best cats only missed one day of showing.

So please try to appreciate CT for what it is, I absolutly love this site and wouldn't change one thing about it. The members are wondetful and I've had so many good memories from being on the forums, I have also never gotten any PM messages askimg for CTD and cats.

Ais -

I think the whole "check the boxes" idea is ridiculous. Honestly, if people are that lazy they shouldn't be playing cat tails. It defeats the entire purpose of showing. I know you're only considering it, but pleade don't. I think it would make the showd boring and people would lose interest if all they had to do wad click some checking boxes.

Also I agree with the show cap and top 10 shows that need hosting. I thankfully could host 60 shows per day, but I would have a pair in different classes. I noticed it would take a bit longer for them to get to WGCh and AWGCh I think that's the highest one...if I remember correctly. I have never been able (that I remember lol) to get to the highest rank in shows...as everyone before me stated, it was quite easy to get past BGnr, IBGnr, ABGnr, Am, IAm, AAm etc.

Hope this helps =) <3
Manda <3
Manda <3

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyder Wed May 18, 2011 10:20 am

Sounds like an interesting idea... Or maybe when we enter show there won't even be a second window? Just for it to appear a color saying they were entered.
@ Ais

Oh yes I remember that. I did not like PF at all. Besides CT I have only liked Ailo.

As for kittens sounds great & I can not wait.

I then can not wait to see this new layout! Will you be picking judges?

As for the image(Map) I am not sure?

When you mean interactions with the cats... Can you explain further in that? Don't be up-set I was just saying what I fell. It was just a huge surprise to me with the no Vaccinations, entering 35 shows, ect.

I think genetic disorders would make players think. The young would also get turned of my this. When will you be doing the poll?

I think letting people pick the actual cat they want might be fun. Paying real money?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ Manda

Not all of us have the time. I am going to be in 10th grade next year. Homework is heavy, I also go on a few other sims, Then there is ski season & I have to get account sitters. They bail on me & I have to search for another one. Luckly some sims I account lock option. I do spend 3hrs on sims daily. 2hrs in morning & an 1hr after school. Thats if If I don't have as much HW.

Realistic? You show & feed cats & look for highest stat. Thats all I see.

I got many messaged asking for money & such...

Spyder

Back to top Go down

Post  Aislynn Wed May 18, 2011 11:42 am

I really do like getting all of your inputs - it helps me realize where things need smoothing or fixing.

All of CT's current features will remain - the "essence" of CT will not be lost. I am, however, enhancing and polishing as I switch each page to using the new Database.

I also find I have sudden ideas on how to make certain things better, how to add more of a realistic flair to the gameplay and how to improve certain features as I go through them.

Any huge updates or changes (IE genetic disorders and "bad" personality traits), I'll put up a poll here and see how people think of it.

And as far as my pet shop idea (IE you can pick from a random assortment of cats instead of just a random one) would probably be a Premium Perk now that I think on it. It's been a while since I added in something more for Premiums. They'd be able to choose to go with the randomly generated one or to select from three randomly generated cats.

Kittens and litters are on my agenda right now, though I am still gathering input for shows and thinking on how best to improve them.

Aislynn

http://www.cat-tails.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyder Wed May 18, 2011 2:30 pm

I am glad you do. I hope its not put you down or anything. I know it can be hard to run a sim.

What are they?

I have voted on it? I think? I am not sure because it says no replies.

Okay; Now I see more of a point to get a prem account. I may even be interested in the future. How many cats can Prems get then? Maybe like 2-4 a month? Maybe you could buy like for Basics or even prems more extra kittens. So for every 2 it would cost 1 CTC or something like that?

Okay I see.

I was also wondering when CT possible open date is coming up?

Spyder

Back to top Go down

Post  Eltafez Wed May 18, 2011 11:37 pm

Excellent, that would give me some options on spending my hoarded CTC. ^^ They've been lying in my bank since forever.
Ais, where does Cat Agility stand on your list? So I'll know if I have to get more CTC prematurely or not.
And I could probably draw up new items for CT after my finals... What kind of items are you looking for?

I also opted for genetic disorders being put in as long as they're easy to breed out. I have two-sided feelings about genes, so they fascinate me and repel me at the same time. Sum it up with a busy life, and it overrides my interest in complex genetics.
Eltafez
Eltafez

Back to top Go down

Post  Spyder Thu May 19, 2011 8:24 am

Yes i have a few ctc in the bank.

Even though I want to see genetics I would like there the be a guide involved in this.

Spyder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum