Cat Tails Downtime Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So...time?

+3
Eltafez
Musician15
Education
7 posters

Go down

So...time? Empty So...time?

Post  Education Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:08 am

So, is there any pretty much decided time and date when Cat Tails will be back up? I'm just curious; I was wondering if anyone knew.

Thank you! (and, of course, special thanks to dear Ais.)

Education

Back to top Go down

So...time? Empty Re: So...time?

Post  Musician15 Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:42 am

I hav the same question. I've waited until February, and now it's Summer. How much longer will it take?

Musician15

Back to top Go down

Post  Eltafez Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:12 am

There is no decided date on when CT is open again, you'll just have to wait a bit longer. Please understand it's not that easy to manage a whole site.
Eltafez
Eltafez

Back to top Go down

Post  Toccara Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:52 am

Maintaining a site isn't easy, but we haven't gotten any updates for months. I'm afraid, if this continues, CT won't have any members left.

Where are the mods? They could at least keep in touch with Ais and keep us updated or something, idk.
Toccara
Toccara

Back to top Go down

Post  Cava Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:26 am

Well excuse me Toccara but it is not a mods responsibility to get into contact with Ais and post her updates.

If she has updates, she posts them.
Mods work on the site, as in keeping posts tidy and whatnot, we are not "messengers".

I do not appreciate that comment.

Cava

Back to top Go down

Post  Shycat518 Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Well you got the answer. Check out CT's website.
Shycat518
Shycat518

Back to top Go down

Post  Cava Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:58 pm

I PMed Aislynn and requested she post as I do not want to cop the flack from the members.
That was something anyone could have done though.

Whilst I am sad CT wont return, I was more saddened by the comment saying that the mods should be finding out.

Cava

Back to top Go down

Post  Shycat518 Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:00 pm

People just don't understand the mods jobs. . .
Shycat518
Shycat518

Back to top Go down

Post  Cava Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Im not sure if its that they dont understand or just too quick to lay blame on the mods.

Rather than ask Ais themselves, they point fingers at the mod. Not cool.

Cava

Back to top Go down

Post  Shycat518 Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:02 pm

They just want someone to blame, mostly. But they don't understand either.
Shycat518
Shycat518

Back to top Go down

Post  Toccara Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:20 am

Just checked the main page...

I understand the news upset you as it upset me, but why take it out on me? I wasn't trying to be rude or step on anybody's feet. SMH. For your information, I am a moderator myself on a website which gets more traffic than CT -- I do understand what are a mod's duties. However, I realize they differ from site to site - our staff holds monthly tinychat "meetings" and the whole staff is involved with site updates -- while that's not a case on cat-tails, I assumed that a mod would at least have an email address to ask how the project was coming along, that's all. ^^ Had I known the address, I'd have asked myself, no problem.
Toccara
Toccara

Back to top Go down

Post  shaunny Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Toccara wrote:Just checked the main page...

I understand the news upset you as it upset me, but why take it out on me? I wasn't trying to be rude or step on anybody's feet. SMH. For your information, I am a moderator myself on a website which gets more traffic than CT -- I do understand what are a mod's duties. However, I realize they differ from site to site - our staff holds monthly tinychat "meetings" and the whole staff is involved with site updates -- while that's not a case on cat-tails, I assumed that a mod would at least have an email address to ask how the project was coming along, that's all. ^^ Had I known the address, I'd have asked myself, no problem.

I think the difference here is that the only remaining administrators were appointed a LONG time ago (like 4, 5 years?) and we now have multiple different responsibilities. I haven't emailed Aislynn in a year and a half and lost her email somewhere along the way. Cav has her own sims to run (I think) and I'm a full time 3rd year university student with a part time job and an injured horse to care for. We check in when we remember, but it just isn't something we really put that much attention into anymore. I have no idea what the others administrators or up to, and to be honest I can't even remember who they were. (I can name 30 different parasites and their lifecycles now though, so, y'know, that's something.) Razz

Anyways, even though Cat Tails has come to its end for now, I'll still be checking into the forum from time to time. The community is what made CT great, and we can try to continue that on these forums. I look forward to keeping in contact with everybody. Smile
shaunny
shaunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum